Monday, May 9, 2011

Why "The Inexperienced Gamer"?

My intention for starting this blog stems from my recent experiences with reviews and ratings of video games and playing those games.

I've always enjoyed video games.  I've plugged plenty of quarters into arcade games.  I've spent quite a bit of time playing on consoles belonging to family and friends.  I've only ever owned two consoles- a Super Nintendo my parents bought for me around the time I graduated high school, and a PlayStation 3 I purchased for myself in December 2007.

Because there are so many games available, I regularly turned to reviews and game ratings to decide what games to play, often being disappointed or frustrated with games I thought were recommended for my skill level.  It seems to me that most reviews and ratings for games are geared toward very experienced gamers, and those with less experience are left out of the ratings equation.  We no longer live in a society where gamers are all very experienced and talented at gaming.  We do live in a society where casual gaming is certainly more commonplace and I therefore believe that inexperienced, or less experienced, gamers need some help navigating the vast options laid out before them.  My hope is that this blog will help you, or someone you know, have fun gaming experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment